Mentorship is a powerful tool for personal and professional growth. A mentor is someone who provides guidance, support, and advice to a less experienced individual.
Benefits of Mentorship Include:
- Personal growth: A mentor can help identify strengths and weaknesses and provide guidance on how to develop your skills.
- Career development: A mentor can provide advice on career choices, job opportunities, and how to navigate the professional world.
- Networking: Mentors can help introduce you to potential employers and colleagues.
- Emotional support: Mentors can provide a listening ear and offer emotional support during difficult times.
Mentorship is key to successfully reaching your goals. That’s why it’s important to utilize all available resources to help maximize your progress. The Georgia Association of Physician Assistants offers Pre-PA students the opportunity to join the Engage Program to find the mentorship support you need as you navigate your PA journey! Engage offers exclusive student benefits including:
- Shadowing opportunities
- GAPA socials – opportunities for networking!
- Access to 1:1 and Group Mentoring resources for aspiring PAs
- Discounts – Scrubs, Personal Statement Reviews and Edits, CASPA Application Review
- The opportunity to shadow a PA student for a day (GAPA Student Reps)
- Annual Pre-PA event including lecture topics and panels composed of practicing PA’s and current PA students
We invite Pre-PA students to join the Engage Program today by becoming a member of GAPA!